Insulation and Ventilation
- Your inspector will visit every possible attic/crawl space to inspect:
- Level and material of the insulation
- Vapor barriers
- Ventilation of attic and foundations areas
- Venting systems such as kitchen, bathroom and laundry fans / ducting
Furnace, air conditioning and other heating & cooling equipment
Inspection items tested:
- Carbon monoxide detection with dedicated combustion analyzer
- Combustible fuels at register and HVAC equipment with dedicated meter
- Heat gain testing – informs buyers of ambient intake and register temperature
- Serial number / date informs buyers of age of HVAC equipment and average lifespan
- Cooling equipment serial numbers, age of equipment and intake/register temperature (when temperatures allow)
- Evaporative coolers – visual inspection of drainage, pads, belts, electrical, etc.
- Cleanliness of blowers, fans and combustion chambers where visible
- Radiant heating, fireplaces, etc.
Roof / Roof Drainage
Every walkable rooftop will be inspected for:
- Damaged, missing and improperly installed roof coverings
- Age and remaining life estimate
- Roof penetrations, drip edges, flashings, skylights, chimneys, etc.
- Rain gutters, down spouts, water discharge
Exterior – A complete walk around the home will thoroughly inspect the following:
- Wall cladding, flashing and trim, soffits, fascia, eaves, etc.,
- Doors, windows, window wells, window screens, railings, etc.
- Vegetation, grading, drainage, driveways, walkways, etc.
- Foundations will receive a visual inside and outside where visible
- Plumbing that waste, drain or vent, and their construction material
- Proper operation of toilets, sinks, showers, diverter valves, etc.
- Leaks, drips, water damage, all done with visual and thermal camera
- Banned or recalled supply lines
- Water pressure, pressure regulator valve and main water shutoff
- Hot water heater operation, venting, age, serial number, expected life remaining, combustible fuels, and carbon monoxide, etc.
- Main fuel (natural gas or propane) supply, regulator, and shutoff
- Sump pump
Thermal infrared camera Iinspection
Every surface inside your home will be thermographed, including:
- Air gaps in the building envelope
- Potential mold issues
- Missing, wet, damaged insulation
- Water and moisture present known dry locations
- Possible energy efficiency issues
- Best thermal camera and camera operator in Utah
Each circuit in the home is tested for:
- Load testing – a load is placed to ensure safety of a loaded circuit
- Ground Fault Testing – GFCI location and circuits are tested for safety
- Improper wiring such as open ground, reverse polarity, open neutral, etc.
- Live voltage, ground and neutral voltage
- Service entrance for over/under voltage and amperage, double tapped wiring, etc.
- Connected devices such as light fixtures, ceiling fans, switches, receptacles, etc.
- Stove/range voltage and amperage draw measured at the main service entrance
- Ceilings, walls, floor, windows, garage door openers, doors
- Garage safety devices, such as garage door pressure reverse and garage photo eye
A visual and thermal infrared complete inspection of the following:
- Ceilings, doors, walls, floors, steps, railings, balconies, countertops, cabinets, windows
Kitchen and kitchen appliances
Each device will be cycled for proper operation and safety:
- Range, stove, oven, cooktops, dishwashers, trash compactors, food waste disposals, and other attached appliances
- Microwaves are tested for electromagnetic leaks
Foundations, basements, crawlspaces, columns, piers, roof structure, attic.
For reporting, we use the latest version of HomeGauge inspection software. Reports include:
- Full details of items inspected, usually 25-40 pages
- Color photographs and color thermographs
- PDF format delivered to you via email within 24 hours
Radon measurement is also included in every home inspection.
This service includes:
- We use the RadStar RS800. Not a cheap disposable radon kit.
- The most sensitive continuous meters available monitoring a 48 hour period
- A fully detailed report with hour by hour graph including radon measurement, temperature, and humidity
additional services include:
- Methamphetamine swab test $99.00 with home inspection / $149.00 without home inspection
- Indoor air quality (VOCs, Hidden Mold & Formaldehyde) $239. This is a VERY detailed service
- Mold (2 air pump samples delivered to a Utah lab) $239
- Thermal home inspection $149.00 without home inspection
- Radon Radstar RS800 testing $149.00 per 48 hours of testing without home inspection
- Drinking Water Testing $99.00 for Bacteriologicals (Total Coliform & E. coli) Well or Public $149 without inspection
- Reinspection fee $99.00